Organic Shampoos: What Are They And Why Use Them?
By Guest Blogger • Photos by @ircalove • Summer 2022
Hair care and treatment are a huge part of beauty. Many people, over the years, have continued to look for the best products to promote their hair health and boost its volume. There is a shift from heavy synthetic hair products to organic products among consumers. While organic hair products have been proven effective and beneficial for hair health, some consumers still find it hard to differentiate between organic hair care products and synthetic mixes. This article goes deep into organic hair products like shampoos and hair conditioners and their benefits.
What Do Organic Or Natural Hair Products Mean?
Generally, natural hair products contain organic cleaning and cleansing agents in the hair product's formula. The bases are formulated using natural cleansing agents guaranteed to be soft and gentle on the skin, hair, and scalp.
The shift from inorganic hair products to organic hair products has been mainly due to the harmful effects of chemicals. In some scientific studies, heavy chemicals in hair care products increase consumers' risk of certain health conditions. These chemicals also have a long-term effect on the hair, which may manifest in hair thinning, breakage, or baldness.
Navigating away from these harmful synthetic chemicals has brought many people closer to organic hair care products. With organic products, users get a chance to avoid the harmful short and long-term effects of the chemicals. Organic products can also help control hair dryness, loss of hair follicles, and other harmful effects.
The lack of harmful side effects is perhaps the most significant benefit of using organic shampoo.
Common Ingredients In Natural Hair Care Products
Natural hair care products are made from natural ingredients with effective benefits to the hair. Some of the common ingredients you can expect to find in a natural or organic hair care product include;
- Avocado Fruit Oil is high in monounsaturated fats, proteins, vitamins, potassium, and other minerals. This acts as a moisturizer that has the ability to enter deeply into the hair, targeting residue or stiffness. Detangles hair but does not strip natural oils. Avocado Fruit Oil also helps in preventing hair loss and other damage related problems.
- Kukui Nut Oil: contains high levels of antioxidants and vitamins, to protect and condition the scalp and hair. This oil also has a regenerative effect, helping hair grow stronger by protecting it from chemicals and free radicals that weaken the hair.
- Hydrolyzed Quinoa Protein contains all 8 of the essential amino acids, which enhance the ability to repair, protect, and condition. Along with enhancing volume, it also softens and smooths appearance.
- Macadamia Nut Oil is rich in potassium and fatty acids that bind to hair and make it healthier, stronger, and more manageable. It deeply hydrates the hair without making it appear heavy while strengthening hair follicles to reduce hair loss. Macadamia Nut Oil also has softening qualities that help give hair a beautiful, glossy shine.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract contains high levels of antioxidants and vitamins, to protect and condition the scalp and hair. It helps the hair to grow stronger by protecting from external factors such as ultraviolet light rays, air pollution, saline, and chlorine.
The Benefits Of Natural Shampoos
Improves The Look And Feel Of Your Hair And Scalp
Natural or organic shampoos have improved over the years. They are designed to clean the hair and improve its texture, look, and feel. Unlike conventional shampoos, natural shampoos aren't designed to be so strong that they will strip the hair of its natural oils, which causes them to dry out. Instead, organic shampoos are designed for all, including those with sensitivity, allowing them to experience minor irritation.
Users can easily protect their hair from itching with natural shampoos, which is common with conventional shampoos. Consumers can also better manage skin or hair-related conditions, knowing that they aren't exposed to harmful chemicals.
No Harmful Chemicals
One of the biggest reasons people are switching to organic products is the effects of chemicals on their bodies. Chemicals often leave residues that accumulate over time and may cause health problems. With conventional hair care products, users are exposed to chemicals that may cause their hair to dry out, break, or even thin out.
On the other hand, organic products lack these harmful chemicals. Users can expect healthier hair with other added perks when using organic hair shampoos and other products.
Maintains Natural Ph Balance
The hair has a natural pH balance within which it thrives. Maintaining your hair's pH balance will improve its tenderness, volume, and color. However, some conventional hair care products often have a higher, lower, or destabilizing pH content that messes with your hair and its pH. When this happens, you may begin to lose hair volume and experience greater levels of hair dryness.
You can avoid these adverse effects by using natural hair care products. Organic shampoos often have a neutral pH level which means that they do not affect the balance of your hair. By maintaining your hair's pH balance, you'll enjoy softer, healthier, and voluminous hair.
Always Safe And All-Natural
Organic shampoos and hair health products contain all-natural ingredients, making them safe and effective. Many consumers can trust such hair care products to address their specific hair care needs without depositing harmful chemicals on their scalp. Natural ingredients are also known to boost hair growth and improve hair volume and sheen.
Organic Hair Products Come With Many Beneficial Ingredients
Natural hair products contain common healthy ingredients that offer magical effects on the skin and hair. Some manufacturers include ingredients from tea trees that serve an antiseptic function to treat skin and scalp-related problems. Other ingredients also have gentle and mild effects on the scalp and hair, thus improving its overall chances of remaining healthy.
Organic hair product manufacturers have also found organic ingredients that are perfect for dealing with problems like dandruff. Such ingredients address the problem without causing extra issues like dryness and irritation. Other ingredients also help to strengthen your hair and improve hair volume. Some are known for their hydration effects.
Using organic products, especially organic shampoos, ensures that you maintain healthy hair and scalp without the common adverse effects. If you wish to purchase an effective organic shampoo, visit this amazing organic beauty brand, Hawaiian beauty products atwww.malie.com to browse their inventory of organic shampoos for healthier scalp, hair, and skin.